Join Our Team
API Analyst developer in Brussels ref. 2019001
Are you curious, driven and dynamic? Is your professional mantra “I can easily sell a fridge to an Inuit”? Well, then keep scrolling down.
Founded in 2008 by a dynamic Odyssee team with big dreams, Odyssee Service quickly joined the major leagues of field service management solutions.
How? By building 360° field service management solution that offers companies one place where they can create, plan and execute service orders in real-time, helping them resolve any field service inefficiencies and increase service excellence. If this sounds like Chinese to you (no offense to China) 1. do not panic and 2. allow us to break it down a bit more.
It’s all about drastically reducing the amount of time and communication service companies spend on managing field service orders and making it easier and more transparent for everyone. It works cloud-based, which means the service manager has a real-time overview of every call (my machine is broken), every planned service order (we come that day to repair it) and every technician (where is he and will he arrive on time at the customer). The technician uses a mobile app to keep track of every service order he needs to execute and deliver service excellence. The next step is to provide these guys with as much support as possible to get the most out of the Odyssee Service solution and deliver service excellence to their end-customers.
As of today, Odyssee Service has grown from that Odyssee startup into a diverse team of more than 26 big dreamers. But we want more. We want YOU!
Working inside our API team, the API analyst/developer does precisely what it’s title suggests: you work to integrate third party software with the Odyssee Service API. Working primarily in-house, you take care of the details to help the team understand the API of these third party solutions, to write the functional and technical analysis, to help develop the connectors that will integrate these third party solutions with our API. This is a dynamic role, establishing relationships with technical players of the third-party software, doing research and at the same time understand the Odyssee Service API in depth to get the most out of every integration in a very flexible and especially, generic way.
- As a software integrator at Odyssee Service, you integrate third-party systems with the Odyssee API and build out the connector
- For this you contact the technical team of the third-party software, understand their API, write the functional and technical analysis
- You are responsible for translating business requirements in the form of user-stories
- You work closely with the API development team to get the connector done
- You design and build the unit tests and safety guards to maintain a sound connection
- You help the UI team to display the connector and it’s options inside the Odyssee Service web portal
- Back-end integration is your thing
- Having between 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar job
- You’re comfortable with database, MS SQL specifically and other databases in general
- You are able to consume REST API
- You know about .NET, webservices and oAuthentication
- You have a strong performance-oriented mind (optimization, speed, compression)
- You take ownership and deliver results. No need to micro-manage you, you go-getter you!
- You are passionate about life and the Odyssee Service API
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Other languages are welcome (The more the merrier!);
A dynamic and awesome work environment with a startup mentality.
A unique culture where we are all part of one mission and each person’s input matters.
The responsibility and willingness to give our all and then some.
A competitive salary with all the perks a great employee needs and deserves included: luncheon cheques, work phone, comprehensive health insurance, covered travel expenses, etc.
And last but not least, an office just 200 meters from the South station in the center of Brussels, the hot-spot where all the start-up cool cats come out and play – after working their butts off, of course.
And finally, the Odyssee Service mission: Helping service companies in every country of the world to deliver outstanding field service to their customers.
If we sound like the salt to your pepper – APPLY already!