GDPR Privacy Statement for Odyssee Mobile
Last updated: October 17, 2017
At Odyssee Mobile, we know you care about your personal privacy and about the terms and conditions that govern your use of our Web site and our Services. Because we are dedicated to serving your needs and respecting your preferences, we have adopted the policies and practices described in this Privacy Statement and Conditions of Use.
Privacy Statement Summary
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Who this privacy statement applies to and what it covers?
This privacy statement applies to Odyssee Mobile nv, with registered office address at av Stalingrad 100, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, with company and VAT number BE 0259.169.288 and with email firstname.lastname@example.org, and the entities we own or control (“Odyssee Mobile”, “we”, “us” or “our” or any similar expression).
We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when:
- you visit the www.odysseemobile.com website or related product websites
- or you use the services via your personal Odyssee Mobile domain (collectively the “Site”) and the application(s) connected to the Site (“App”),
- interactions with you through certain sales and/or marketing interactions, as well as related tools (“Interactions”) or
- performing any other activities that form part of the operation of our business.
This privacy statement also contains information about when we share your personal data with other third parties (for example, our service providers).
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
What information do we collect
In the course of using the Site and/or App, and through the Interactions, you provide us with such information relating to you as being a natural person (“Data Subject”) which is or can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to you.
Specifically, for the Site and App, this includes:
- your contact information (home and/or business), such as you name, address, email address, phone number, mobile phone number,
- billing information,
- your use of, and activities at, the Site and/or App such as IP address, Site and/or App preferences and interests, browser type, the (web) page you were visiting before you came to the Site, information you search for on the Site, details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information. This Information may be collected automatically by connecting your device to, or interacting with, the Site and/or the App (“Personal Data”).
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. Because of the nature of our business, our services and benefits are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
How We Use Personal Information
Personal Data is or may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide and improve the Site, App, Content, Services (as those concepts are defined in the Terms of Service) and other services, features and content offered by Odyssee Mobile,
- to administer your use of the Site,
- to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Site,
- to better understand your needs and interests,
- to fulfill requests you may make,
- to personalize your experience,
- to provide or offer software updates and product announcements, and
- to provide you with further information and offers from us that we believe you may find useful or interesting, including newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information on services and products offered by us or third parties.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive any such communications, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any of the communications sent to you, or update your “account settings” information (see section 6, “Changing or Deleting Information”, below).
Odyssee Mobile does not share, sell, rent, or trade personal data with third parties for their promotional purposes. Odyssee may share information collected with other companies that work on Odyssee Mobile’s behalf.
Who we disclose your information to?
We will display your Personal Data in your account page and elsewhere on the Site and the App according to the preferences you set in your account.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analysing how the Site and service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
Our Website hosts various blogs, forums, wikis and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Importantly, any personal information that you contribute to these Social Media Applications can be read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no control over these other users and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that any information that you contribute to any Social Media Applications will be handled in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may disclose to parties outside Odyssee Mobile data stored in your Odyssee Mobile Account and information about you that we collect when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to
- comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request;
- protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury;
- prevent fraud or abuse of Odyssee Mobile or its users; or
- to protect Odyssee Mobile’s property rights.
If we provide your Odyssee Mobile data to a law enforcement agency as set forth above, we will remove Odyssee Mobile’s encryption from the data before providing them to law enforcement. However, Odyssee Mobile will not be able to decrypt any data or files that you encrypted prior to storing them on Odyssee Mobile.
Odyssee Mobile may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, which may include your Personal Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets of Odyssee Mobile or parts of it, or in the event of bankruptcy.
We may share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information with third parties for several purposes, including data analytics, research, submissions, thought leadership and promotional purposes.
Protection of your personal information
Customers of Odyssee Mobile may electronically submit data or information to the company’s services (“Customer Data”). Odyssee Mobile will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data. Odyssee Mobile may access Customer Data only for the purposes of providing the services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters, or as may be required by law.
We use a range of physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These measures include:
- education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software
- physical security measures, such as staff security passes to access our premises.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.